Paulo Bent has said a tearful goodbye to , describing his four years as the football team’s head coach as “a fantastic experience that I will never forget.”
The Koreans were defeated 4-1 by Brazil last week in the round of 16 of the World Cup in Qatar, which was led by the former international midfielder from Portugal.
Following the incident, the 53-year-old declared that he would be leaving his position as coach.
“I am especially thankful to all the players, due to their professionalism, work ethic and their behaviour,” Bento said in a statement late on Tuesday, bringing the curtain down on his reign.
“They gave me the opportunity to have one of the most beautiful experiences of my life, which I will never forget.”
Bento added: “Personally I have no words to thank you all for the respect, affection and support you showed during this amazing experience.”
Bento’s replacement will be announced by South Korea before the end of February, according to Yonhap.
For more updates, always visit dailygam.com