Former President Uhuru Kenyatta was indicted by the International Criminal Court (ICC) for the 2007/2008 post-election violence.
Former Mungiki leader Ndura Waruinge has now claimed that he was given $40 million to fix Uhuru before the ICC.
On Sunday, October 16, Waruinge told KTN News that court officials encouraged him to deliver false testimony against Uhuru.
Former ICC Prosecutor Luis Moreno allegedly approached Waruinge in 2014.
Two prominent Kenyan politicians accompanied Ocampo.
The trio demanded that Waruinge sign paperwork containing written evidence against Uhuru.
“I was not an ICC witness but the ICC prosecutor Ocampo came to me in 2014 and requested me to sign a letter that had some sort of written evidence explaining how Uhuru Kenyatta paid me to go and kill,” Waruinge claimed.
Waruinge declined the request, claiming that his conscience is clear.
“I told them that I would like to consult with my wife on the matter after which I would get back to them. I immediately called Uhuru and told him that they wanted to fix him,”.
The case against Uhuru was dropped in December 2014 due to a lack of evidence.
Uhuru, who had previously denied the allegations, said he felt “vindicated.”
“My conscience is very clear,” he stated, adding that his case was “rushed there without adequate inquiry.”
For further information and updates always visit dailygam.com